Parnell Thomas will always be remembered as the most notorious Chairman of the HUAC which began the blacklisting trials. He managed to screw up the lives of countless innocent people–especially those in the arts–and their families.
- He worked in cahoots with Hollywood studio bosses who wanted to get rid of certain movie stars.
- He hated FDR and considered him a Communist.
- He hated FDR’s New Deal and considered it a Communist plot.
- Thomas was later convicted of corruption and fraud, and sent to the same prison in Connecticut as the men he prosecuted. Ironically, he refused to answer questions at his own trial.
- A Republican (what a surprise!) and a real SOB.
- Encouraged people to rat out their closest friends, which finally worked with asshole director Eddie Dmytryk.
- Fell in love with Top Ten Asshole of History Joe McCarthy.
- Mentored the young and impressionable A-Hole-in-training Richard Nixon.
- Ruined the lives of talented screenwriters Herbert Biberman, writer of Academy Award winner “Bridge Over the River Kwai,” Lester Cole, screenwriter of “Born Free,” Ring Lardner Jr., writer of Academy Award winner “Woman of the Year,” “Laura” and “MASH,” Adrian Scott, producer of film noirs “Murder, My Sweet” and “Crossfire,” Dalton Trumbo, writer of “Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo.”